Happy Wednesday everyone!
Today I'm going to share a cool meditation that my swim coach taught me, and which anyone can put to use! I found it so beneficial I thought others might too. :)
Coach Karen shared this meditation with me after watching me panicking each time I'd get a stomach cramp while swimming. I'd be clutching the wall, trying to breathe, hoping that my swimming wasn't putting undue stress on Baby C. So she taught me to say these four words: "Sa, Ta, Na, Ma." With each word you touch the tip of each finger to the thumb tip.
Thumb & first finger - SA
Thumb & second finger - TA
Thumb & third finger - NA
Thumb & fourth finger - MA
Coach said that she read studies showing that this meditation, called Kirtan Kriya, increases memory and cognitive function and decreases stress. I like the translation for each of the words too:
Sa = the beginning
Ta = life
Na = death
Ma = rebirth
In any case, my muscle cramps have greatly reduced since using this technique. I feel calmer with swimming while pregnant and trusting that the baby will be just fine. In fact, I think I've got a little helper swimmer, this week Baby C has started moving and kicking around a LOT more!!
Namaste!
No comments:
Post a Comment